Re: RE: The Battle is OVER!!!!

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 12:23:29 EST

>Drive it like you want it to run. There is no break-in period.
>
>VLADIMIR
<snip>

>Any suggestions on how best to drive the truck during the break in
>period??
>
>Always,
>
>Ward

I agree- just don't leave it at a specific RPM for an extended length...
with 100 miles on my 5.9L in my Ram 1500, I towed another Ram 1500 (my
trade-in that they wouldn't give a good price for) 900 miles (about 5000
Lbs) from Arizona to Colorado (lots of mountain passes) The engine now has
33,000 on it, and runs very well... I doubt that you can over-work the
engine without towing a load, period. When I was running into northern
Arizona, I was watching the temperature going into the mountains (to
Flagstaff) but it never broke 210.

After I got to Colorado, I changed the oil- then at 3000, then every 6000
thereafter (and running Mobil 1 Synthetic since 10,000mi)

Congradulations on your new truck...

Gary Shook