A sad, sad sight

From: RCPL-VAN CNIWR (RCPL-VAN_CNIWR@van.reid-crowther.com)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 15:28:49 EST

     Hi, all. I thought I'd share this story with you about an occurance I
     had about 3 weeks ago. So I'm cruising the Dodge dealers in Langley,
     about 20 miles from my place, and I see that Willowbrook Dodge has an
     R/T CC Intense Blue sitting on the lot near the building. Cool! I park
     my car and walk up to take a look. First thought is, "Who the hell
     would order it without fog lamps?" I figured it was a 98 because the
     fogs were optional whereas on 99s they are standard. I walk up to the
     side and see that the wheels are filthy. "Yuck. Looks like the washboy
     is slacking off," I thought. I look inside and see the passenger door
     panel is ripped off and lying on the seat! Whoa! Panel is torn apart
     too, right where the speakers are. Hmmmm. I look down at the rear
     tires and sure enough, totally bald! Antenna is all bent up to. Then I
     got pissed off. Apparently, some punk thought it'd be cool to rip off
     an R/T and bag the snot out of it and dump it off some where. I assume
     that the stock alarm was not armed, as it should have done its job to
     kill the starter but who knows.

     Anyway, it was sad to see an R/T in that shape. I thought everybody
     could sympathize and take a moment of silence.

     On the bright side, my R/T is coming!! Whoo, hoo! Should be here in
     early Feb. Shipping date is Jan. 22. Can't wait!

     Chad Niwranski
     Abbotsford, BC
     future 99 R/T CC