Re: Silicone Coating (mike / Kyle)

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 15:15:13 EST

<< Kyle/Mike, I take it that the Fan Clutch has silicone in it? I saw the
 bottom of the post where it said now covered with silicone or somthing
 like that and I took it for some type of wax, paint sealer. Boy, what a
 dope I am! Bob

Your no dope, man. I dont know half the stuff some of the fellow DMLers know,
but that is what the DML is for, to educate and gain knowledge on Dako/auto
related information. From what I understand, the clutch has silicon in it and
based on how it cold/hot it is, is when the fan actually is cooling down the
engine/radiator.....or something similar to that :)
Kyle