Re: RE: *NON-DAK* Y2K

From: Gordon Thomas Adams (gta0001@jove.acs.unt.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 17:10:26 EST

COBOL programmers used 99-99-99 (notice the two digit year) as a default
value for an invalid year. Some programs especially older Machine code,
and COBOL programs may not recognize the 09-09-99 date, but I have not
heard enough about it to consider it a serious threat. I am about to get a
degree from a school that currently focuses largely on legacy technology
in the Information Systems Dept., and the professors have not mentioned it
much.

later
gordon
99 R/T rc black