Re: Kali Meat

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 19:23:54 EST

>Did everyone get the info on hotels???
>
>Bruce-- I did the mileage from my house to the hotel I'm
>staying... 326 miles. Now if I drive my '95, then I can do
>it on a tank of gas easily (I've done it before). If I take the
>RT, then I might be in trouble... If I can average 15 mpg, then
>I'll have .2 gallons left :0
>
>Drivng 70 on cruise it can be done... I do have 3- 5 gallon
>gas cans that I could bring (I hate to stop for gas).

Pretty tough to guarantee 70 mph thru LA. How about a gas stop in Santa
Barbara? Bruce is right. Once we´re out of LA, 85 is about average in the
fast lane.

If I can get out of working that weekend (and I do hope to) I´ll want to
pick up my girlfriend in Redlands (not too far from the I-10/I-215 split),
otherwise I can´t take the commuter lanes :((. She also has never seen the
Hearst castle or Madonna Inn.

I was thinking of staying in Pismo Beach. It´s 25-30 miles from SLO, but
very pretty. Hotels are about $20 more than the Days Inn you mentioned
though. Good part is, we could take the PCH from there to Hearst Castle,
and get our passengers ill on all the twisties! Then we can return directly
to SLO.

Just an idea,

Jim
´93 4x4 CC V8