Performance Tips. Attn Alan and ALL DMLers

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 19:56:29 EST

In a message dated 1/6/99 10:26:26 AM Eastern Standard Time, ashort@flash.net
writes:

<< Yeah right. If Jules were interested in giving us tech tips to go
 faster with our Daks, he would have already posted a journal full. He
 was liberal with you because you're a paying customer. If we all called
 him with the same questions, he'd have to get a service to answer and
 repeat the same info, over and over again. I doubt you would get much
 out of him if you just called during his busy day and asked him "Besides
 buying stuff from you, how can I make my Dak
 faster?" As members of the dml, we
 share our experiences so others can benefit. If you know something we
 don't, you should tell us about it, we would do the same for you or
 anyone else on the list. Step up to the plate and help us out. Alan >>

    Alan, I agree with ya. Jules is a business man that has a lot on his
hands. I hold no ill will against him for not posting every bit of info he
has in that brain of his. He couldn't possibly do it even if he had the time!
Like him, I can't put someone else on the spot and say "he should tell us"
about the mods he does. There are a great number of people on the list that
share the philosophy of Jon, and share info with nothing expected in return.
There are also people on the list unfortunately, that decide to compete and
withhold info from the rest. So be it. If that is their mentality, then
that's fine. Not everyone is generous and helpful, some like to be the best
and buy their speed and keep knowledge to themselves. I guess honestly there
really isn't anything "wrong" about that. I just thought that this list is
about a great group of people that love Daks, speed, off-roading, showing and
sharing info to help out the goodness of (V)opar lovers world wide. I have
only met one person on the list in person and if the rest of the list
resembled his personality and helpfulness, we'd all be doing low 13's for
free. Two other members of the list are doing mods for a lot of DML'ers for
next to free and loving it! Another one sets up group buys whether or not he
is involved in purchasing the item himself! The founder believes that
knowledge should be free and accessible to all, regardless of the power that
it yields. I chose to pattern my actions after these respectable individuals
and any other that I may have not mentioned that do also. These are the
people that I am proud of that represent the DML. Thanks to you all, you know
who I'm talking about.
Eric