Re: Your Dakota's specs

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 07 1999 - 17:51:10 EST

<< did you get the mopar OEM overhead console? i was thinking about getting
 one becuase theres no place in my dak to put anything small..

 also I have a crossbed toolbox (challenger gull-wing) and was wondering
 how it worked with a shortened tonneau cover..

Nope I bought an aftermarket one through JC Whitney catalog, I love it, dont
know how I went this long without one. I had a Tekstyle on my truck before I
start 4wheelin and camping. Once I needed more storage space for tools,
recovery gear, spotlights, and other stuff I bought a toolbox. I simply cut
the aluminun rails down to the size of the remailing bed with a jibsaw. I then
put the cover on, marked it, and took it in to a leather shop where they cut
it and sewed up to fit my bed for $45. So now I can have my toolbox and my
tonneau cover.
Kyle