Re: Cold weather Tonneau Snapping.

From: Randy Drew (FonMan@ican.net)
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 16:10:50 EST

Jetmugg@aol.com wrote:

> Yes, I do have this problem in cold weather. The best solution I have found
> is to bring the cover inside the house for a while until it is nice and warm,
> and then hurry up as fast as possible and get it on the truck before it loses
> it's stretch. I try to snap the rear corners first, then work my way along
> the straight edges. Hot water can also be poured on the cover to loosen it
> up, but again, you have to work fast, before the water freezes in place. Did
> you get any of the accessory racks? I got the bike rack, and I love it. It
> looks great with two bikes strapped on, cruising up and down the highways. I
> haven't seen another one with a rack in person, only in pictures.
>
> Steve.
Steve,

Hey have you got pictures? i made the mistake of getting the over the
rail box liner and couldn't get the bike racks form mopar. I got a
Thule Bike rack modified to fit in the back. It's great. I can add two
more Trays in there.

The store who did it used it for a photo shoot to sell their most
expensive bikes Racing and Mountain. They were worth 7000.00 and
8500.00 Canadian ( 1000.00 US. just kidding) They also sent the
pictures to Thule. Thule sent me a letter thanking me.

Do they have DAKs in Sweden? They liked the truck too.

Do you have racing or mountain?

talk to you later.

randy drew
fonman@ican.net