RE: Wipers

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 17:03:57 EST

Hi Jessi!

How are you doing?

> I know this is a really petty question but, here goes...
>
> I am trying to put some winter wipers on my Dak (93') I read the
> instructions and cannot make heads or tails of them. In the diagram it
> shows a screwdriver being inserted near the pin to release the wiper from
> the arm. I found the spring and the slot for the screwdriver but can't
> find whatever it is I am supposed to release. Any help is appreciated :)
>
> This ice storm we are having is horrible! I really hope we don't
> get the 6"
> of snow they are predicting!
>
> Thanks,
> Jessi

Wipers! Yuk!! Last winter we had to replace the wipers on the '95. What a
pain. Of course we did it outside in the parking lot of the place where we
bought them and tried to put them on without gloves and it was incredibly
cold out. You may have better success if you put them on in a warmer
environment and not outside. I found we were rushing because of the cold
and it just made it more difficult.

Are you having an ice storm? Don't try driving too much in that crap
especially if it's windy or on a hill. It's pretty frightening when you
loose control and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. 4x4 or
4x2 makes no difference on ice especially if you're sliding sideways and
you're at a complete stop. Be careful out there! I'll e-mail you privately
later, I have a ton of questions for you ;)

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd