Re: Header Survey

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 18:03:18 EST

Tried to respond directly, but couldn't get your email address from the
dakota-truck@buffnet.net header. So here it is (short/sweet) on this.

> -What sort of performance gains have you noticed? (any actual dyno
numbers?)

Headers w/computer/3" exhaust gave me about 40hp... figure 18-20 hp for
the headers, with the MAIN portion going to the computer.

> -How did the powerband change? (more highend or lowend?)
   Low end torque was good before, and after it got even better.
Midrange (2500-3800 rpm) was greatly improved... 3rd gear is my
2nd favorite gear, 4th is my favorite...

> -How did it affect day-to-day driveability?

No change... Some heat issues (poor guy at the Wendy's drive
thru was hoping around last time I came through-- guess it was
a little hot on his legs!).

> -Any problems (other than installation-related)?

I have a 'clearance-clarence' problem on my '95 with the driver's
side hitting the steering u-joint during certain conditions. Still
working on fixing this 100%. Burnt out the header collector
gaskets because I didn't keep on top of the bolt tightness.

> -Would you do it again?

Yes, Doug Throley or Leach headers at the xxxx!

Sam '95 SLT