Re: 5speed remote start

From: david peterson (kawi@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 09 1999 - 03:14:53 EST

Yes you can do a remote start on a 5 speed but I wouldn't if I were you.
I work at a hifi shop and we will not install them due to the legal
issues. I had a friend who was a rep for a big stereo company, who had
one on a 5speed GT Probe.He loaned his car to his father in law needless
to say he now has a rear garage door where the car went through the back
of his garage. A car will start in gear and start rolling and this can
be a problem if you are not behind the wheel.
David Peterson