RWAL sensor

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 09 1999 - 18:03:25 EST

Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 09:49:35 EST
From: Jon Smith <jdsmith4@hotmail.com>
Subject: DML: RWAL sensor

I picked up a new sensor from the dealer yesterday and went to put it in
this am (cold and raining) long story short, I didn't feel like rolling
around on the cold wet pavement to search for the old sensor. My haynes
manual says that it's located on top of the differential. Does this
mean it sticks through the pumpkin to measure speed at the ring gear? I
would assume that I'd need to lube the o-ring with some oil (perhaps
grease would be better). Anyhow, my main question is where is the exact
location of the sensor? It'd have to be on top due to clearence, and on
the front b/c I didn't see it when I went to swap out gear lube.

Jon Smith
95 CC SLT 4x4x318
ICQ# 9720504

On my 97 it's on the top front (ie. driveshaft side).

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada