Re: Re:Help on Stereo amps

From: chris tesinsky (ace_0069@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 11 1999 - 20:10:35 EST

>From: Chris Gunter <VaHunter@ddaccess.net>
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Cc: HKUSP4057@aol.com
>Subject: DML: Re:Help on Stereo amps
>Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 05:28:09 -0500
>
>First of all....do you own an HK?(screenname) Second, no the amp
doesnt =
>increase sound quality. thats the job of the speakers. all the amp
does =
>is boost the speakers so if u have bad speakers an1000 dollar amp wont
=
>help. The way you can wire your amp is two ways you can buy a 2 =
>channel (100 watts) amp and run the back speakers off of it while =
>running the fronts off the deck or you can buy a 4 channel (200 watt) =
>and run all four...the amps have both preamps and a high impedence
setup =
>that you can wire it from your speaker wires if you dont have the
preamp =
>hookups It also depends on how loud you want it which means you have
=
>to increase the watts of the amp too. remember 4 channel amp =3D50
watts =
>per channel(speaker) same for a 2 channel 100watt hope that helps
>
>chris

If you buy yourself any decent amp it will be at least 2 ohm stable,
which will allow you to run four speakers off of a 2 channel amp. If
you have a PPI 2100 ( like I do ) 2 channels by 100 watts per channel
RMS you will be able to run 2 passenger side speakers in parallel to the
right channel and the same four the left channel. Thus eliminating the
extra cost of a 4-channel amp, all you lose is the fader control.