Attn. Frank & Bruce - TBI Questions

From: Dave G (wknthdg@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 12 1999 - 12:24:53 EST

First of all, I'm new to the DML and impressed with the performance tips
and overall helpfulness of the group. From what I've read so far, this
mod. is the most value for the $ (and a very low $ at that!).I have a
5.9L 98 Durango (3.92 LSD) with the following: K&N conical air filter
w/3" dia. intake tube, JBA S.S. ceramic shorty headers, Bosch Platinum
+4 plugs. Future improvements will include a catback exhaust w/upgraded
Y-pipe, MSD wires and possibly ignition syst. I'm also considering a
computer upgrade or replacement down the road. I have 4 main questions.
What is the difference between the Stage I and Stage II version? Will
either result in decreased MPG for daily use if the leadfoot factor is
not imposed? Can 87 octane be used for both? What do you charge for both
versions (with & without) a TB exchange? I would like to get one but
need some more details.

Thanx,
Dave Gillock