Re: I change my oil...(wasRe: Blackstone)

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Jan 12 1999 - 16:36:43 EST

Well , I only drive about 7 miles to work , but I drive kinda hard
sometimes . I just think that you can never be too safe when it comes to
stuff like this .

Call me stupid (ok, I don't mean really) .

At 03:56 PM 1/12/1999 EST, you wrote:

><< every 3-4000 with Mobil 1 . I change the oil and change the filter out
with
> a Mobil 1 filter every time .
> >>

>Isnt Mobil 1 a synthetic???? I dont see then point of running a synthetic
>motor oil if you are changing it every 3-4K.........especially for the price
>of synthetic. I change my oil and filter every 3-3.5K for only
>$5.50(about)......this is 4 quarts of Castrol 10W-30 and Phram
PH16.......I do
>love synthetics(AMSOIL ONLY), I am using it in my transfer case and in my
>front and rear diffs. I just dont really see the point of using synthetics if
>you still change your oil that often, the cost factor wouldnt be reasonable
>nor practical.....what dont you 'truely trust' your Mobil 1 Superior
>Synthetic???? :)
>Kyle

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html