pulleys

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Tue Jan 12 1999 - 19:42:26 EST

"I just got some asp pullies for my truck. In the directions it says you
=
must use an impact wrench to get the alternator pully off. Has anyone =
put pullies on there truck and does it require an imact wrench. Also is
=
the crank pully hard to het off too"

-Impact makes it a whole lot easier!!! If you try to take it off
without one, leave the belt
on for tension when you try to break the nut loose. IMHO-take 10
minutes to yank the alternator and slip the guy at the gas station 5
bucks to zap the nut loose and swap the pulleys and zap the bolt back
on...
Patrick.