RE: Synthetic oils

From: Miller, Robert A (RAMiller@sycamore.com)
Date: Tue Jan 12 1999 - 23:41:23 EST

Great info Bob.

I was eyeballing the 18 MPG your getting out of your 318 on your sig.
though... What kind of mods have you done to your truck?

The only mods I have are the K&N air filter with a modification to air box
that receives its air next to radiator. Trust me that 18 mpg is only
cruising 65 with cruise control. Tune that sucker up and have the computer
reset every now and again to go back to the controls were the injectors
aren't open for very long.(not sure what they call that) You have to
remember they adjust themselves to how you drive it.

By the way, I spanked a camero the other night going home.

This guy following a little close (for my comfort) I cruise the main highway
at 60 mph.
we both turned off at the same side road, he attempted to pass but I slammed
it down to test new driveline for vibration. We came up on the next stop
sign and he honked for me to roll window down. He asked what the hell was in
that thing. I replied stock 318. He said lets run them from a dead stop. So
I spanked him really bad that time. by at least 6 car lengths at 110 mph. He
followed me almost all the way home, I think he had tears in his eyes. too
cool. I found out it still shakes at 85 so back for the pinion angle changes
next Monday.

Robert Miller
97 DAK CC 318 3.92SG