Infinity Audio

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 20:07:08 EST

   I admit it, I love great sound. I have this system in my Dak currently,
it's not perfect, but when set right can deliver some incredible sound.
   The advantage is, the Dak was "Soundprinted" right before the '97 models
came out. A vehicle with a known "Soundprint" can have speakers placed in the
optimum areas with maximum effect. When someone just starts dumping speakers,
amps and a head unit in without knowledge of the vehicles "Soundprint" you can
take some very high end components and make them sound awful. The Infinity
system is a low-mid end system that takes full advantage of the "Soundprint"
and sounds great.
   I've noticed these shortcomings though: Don't push the bass too much off of
level, it starts to rattle the subwoofers (The amp has a harder time driving
the subs): you'll be able to tell when. (Just drop in a RAP or ENYA CD and
you'll find out real fast!) The treble also gets a bit tinny if you push it
too far above the level. The CD player is only single laser and doesn't have
any anti-skip memory so it does skip over real rough surfaces.
   Other than that, I think it's a great system with excellent depth of sound.
 I've heard the super-stereo system of the Mustang and it holds VERY well
against it for a third the cost. I actually preferred the Infinity system due
to the clarity of the tweeters. The Mustangs sounded less lively to me, but
it had better bass volume.

Shaun H.