brad's rockers

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 18:50:46 EST

hhhmmmm... how much? will they work on my premagnum?

-mike d.

>>> <N2mopars@aol.com> 01/13/99 08:26pm >>>

<< Let's have everyone who has had a wreck, blown engine, dropped
tranny, or
 other catastrophe since he left post the gory details and make sure he
 understands that he is never to leave us again. >>

Well Robert, so you know what you will be paying for (my lawyer will be
contacting you shortly! he he! just kidding!) My motor lost oil pressure,
we suspect a cam bearing. After that, a rod bearing went south, rod
broke,
took out the cylinder wall, and a piston. All the main bearings are spun
about 45 degrees, the rod bearings are all locked up, the big end of the
con
rod went up, locked up the cam, broke the cam gear in 5 or 6 pieces,
snapped
the timing chain, and allowed all the valves to hit all the pistons!!!! The
crankshaft has a 3/8" gouge in it from the rod. Only usable parts left are:
flywheel, 2 head castings (I hope!!), harmonic balancer, and intake
manifold
and headers. Oh, the 1.6 roller rockers are still good. My new motor will
be
getting 1.7's, so I am now taking bids on a used (less then 1000miles) set
of
1.6 rockers, complete. These are the Mopar/Crane Cams ones. All you
nee to
buy are a set of pushrods to go with them (yes, some are bent) and 2
studs
(OK, I screwed em up pulling them out of the head castings). Guess they
arent
complete! I paid $310 through Westoaks dodge. If intertested, anyone, let
me
know. They will work on a V6, plus you get extra parts!!!

Brad