Re: R/T

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 12:32:44 EST

In a message dated 1/14/99 11:55:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
DavolJ@olympus.com writes:

<< I have a simple question. What is with Dodge's obsession with the "R/T"
model
 code? It seems like every car/truck Dodge makes is a "R/T". (Charger R/T,
Viper
 R/T, Dakota R/T, Neon R/T, etc.). What does R/T stand for??

 Inquiring minds want to know.. >>
Joe, its the old Dodge monichor from the late 60's early 70's. Road/Track.
Its the performance version of their line. I think the first car that brought
the symbol back from the era was the Spirit if Im not mistaken. The Spriit
R/T with the little 4 banger that pumped out 220 ponies. Ive been givin' a
hard time by those (in the past)!!=0)
I race a guy on Gratiot occasionaly that somehow rigged up a twin turbo set on
one! crazy!
    Out of your list of R/T's you forgot one. Caravan R/T! No joke, its not
for sale.....yet! It has the auto stick in it, but get this! Its indy style
shifting! Behind the steering wheel! Right for up shift, Left for down!
Eric