Re: Eric's 4.10's Was: Mod Questions

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 05:14:53 EST

In a message dated 1/15/99 12:48:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< I was doin' some lookin' ;-) and I was wondering if you know what RPM
 you turn when you cross the line, and what your speed is?

   I do about 4300rpm at 93-94mph, and I calculated that if I went to
 4.10's, I would be crossing the line at about 5,000rpms at that speed.
That's
 just about perfect, but I plan to go across the line a whole lot faster than
 I am now! I haven't figured it out yet, but if I'm coming across the line
 doing 110-115, I think my RPM's are gonna be up there in "self destructing
 valvetrain" land... :-)

ya know I dont remember and the wife threw out all my tickets! "They were a
year old! I didnt think you wanted them!" Thanks honey! Guess Im just gonna
have to spend more time at the track this year then! But, I do have a rundown
of RPM@Speed. Here's that if it helps
4th 80mph @ 3800
      85 4000
5th 80 2800
      85 3000
      90 3100
       95 3300
       100 3500
3rd 45 3000
2nd 30 3200
these are on 275/40ZR17's that were 25" tall. Im assuming that you cross in
4th right? I project fourth to be about 90 @ 4200 so youre 3.90 seems close
doesnt it? Ill check that out today and write it down to be sure.
eric