RE: Phillip, data...

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 14:53:50 EST

Phillip, Hmmm
Some ideas:
RE: 4 loud popping from back of truck when turning
up into driveway....suspension???? heard this in My ruck too (98 R/T)
Dealer unable to duplicate. Might be cab/bed to frame bolts or loose inner
fender panel (both TSBd on 98-99 trucks)...

re: loose feeling in steering wheel. Also TSBd as clunk. very minor on my
R/T, not enough to "do the fix" yet... I think they put in a new coupling to
the "box"

re:hesitates and surges when accelerating.
2acts like it is running on 6 or 7 cylinders and has
a loud spark knock,this happened about 4 times in the
past 6 months. My best guess is a weal fuel pump. Need to check rail
pressure @ idle vs. WOT and see if its in spec....Could also be a bad
injector...Is it a consistent mis on One cylinder or a random miss??

Since the symptoms AND the bad gas mileage are hand in hand, you might have
a messed up SBEC (computer)...

Wearing out tires seems like an alignment thing, my alignment was way out
brand new, but even my dealer knew how to fix that...

Dont have much experienc with "broken trucks" (thank goodness! )

What does the rest of the DML have to say about Phils woes???

Somebody help that man!
BKB

1 hesitates and surges when accelerating.
2acts like it is running on 6 or 7 cylinders and has
a loud spark knock,this happened about 4 times in the
past 6 months.
3backfires into intake,this happened about 5 times so far.
4 loud popping from back of truck when turning
up into driveway....suspension????
5 12.1 MPG!!!!!!!!!!!!
6 squeaky rear suspension.
7 front tires wearing on outside.
8 loose feeling in steering wheel.

That's all I can think of right now, more to come.

                Thanks for any help, Phil
http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/CGI-BIN/dml.html