Re: Hotchkis Sway Bars, Parts & Etc.

From: Ryan D. Krokosinski (eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 15:38:11 EST

Hey Gary,
When do you think these parts will be available, specifically the R/T stuff.
Any prices yet?  Did you guys go with the lowered rear leafs?  It sounds like the
perfect setup for me.

Ryan K
'99 R/T RC

Gary Pinkley wrote:

 I was off the list for a little while due to vacation and holidays, so I
just thought I'd give everyone an update.  We're finished with our testing.
In stock form, my reg cab v-6 5-spd ran 54 MPH through a 600 ft. slalom.
With our suspension upgrade 2/3 drop, improved rate springs, uprated
sway bars, and 17" wheels and tires, my truck ran a vastly improved
62 MPH.  Quite literally, my truck was out of power.  I did not have enough
torque to accelerate between cones, so I had to enter the course at the
target speed and try to maintain it.  With more power, we could squeeze
some more MPH out of it.  So far, this is the fastest truck we've tested to
date.

Also, we tried our products on an R/T to check for tire fitment problems.
At full compression, the front wheels just barely rub on the very inside
of the fender flares, just ever so slighly.  Unfortunately, we did not have
the R/T for enough time to give numbers to the improvement.  Since
the R/T is  already lower than other Daks, the drop is 1 1/2" front and
2 1/2 rear.

Gary Pinkley
Hotchkis Performance
97 Really Red Dakota