Re: Syclones....

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sun Jan 17 1999 - 15:08:16 EST

> I caught the tail end of a thread regarding syclone trucks and their
> powerplants. However, the GMC Syclone truck came with a turbocharged chevy
> 4.3 liter V-6, not the buick 3.8 as was mentioned earlier. It was rated at
> about 280HP and about 350-lbs of torque.
>
> Lea
> 90 Dodge Dakota

You are correct. I used to own one and after the Chevy engine blew up 3 times in
59k miles I bought another Dodge since the Shelby Dakota I owned before the gmc
was trouble free. My 99 R/T is not as fast as the Syclone but not that far
behind and I believe it will last longer. I have no quarrel with the Buick
motors though. I've seen several 9 second GNs
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC.