RE: Spark Plugs and Platinum + 4

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jan 17 1999 - 20:15:21 EST

The acceleration is a lot smoother than with other plugs i've tested.

The other plugs include: Bosch Platinum, Autolite Platinum, AC Delco, NGK
V-Power, Champion "Gold" Truck Plugs (they really sucked), Nippondenso
V-Groove, and a "test-trial" of an old trick...Rotary Plugs (Bosch's
reinvention of an old plug). All of the plugs were tested with the gap set
to .040" since i'm running an MSD box.

Of all the plugs, the Bosch Platinum plugs always came as an alternate
choice since they are an exceptional plug as well.

You can have a "smoother running" engine with the same horsepower. A dyno
can show you horsepower and torque curves in a lab all day long until you've
used up all of your printout paper. It can never let you actually "feel"
the engine until it's in a vehicle. Why do you think race engines are
built, tested on a dyno, put into the race vehicle, and then "tweaked" to
perfection.