Re: RE: Pioneer (Jim)

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sun Jan 17 1999 - 21:13:16 EST

bnich@bellatlantic.net wrote:

> It came out in 98 and IS a different model!
> Jim in Waco
> > Ed wrote:
> Is the DEH-P85DHR the new model that Roger was
> talking about or something completely different.
> Ed
>
> Jim, Are you running a Sub off of the built in Sub crossover in the
> DEH-P85DHR? If so who's Sub. Thanks Bob

Yes I am. I have a single 10" pioneer plastic cone sw driven by a
Power Acoustic 280 watt amp and it is using the built in crossover.
The 85 also comes with another crossover that can eliminate frequencies
over 400 cps from the rear speakers called FIE, and here is how I use
it. I mounted 4" coaxial speakers in the kick panels and drive them
off the front speaker outputs. I cut out the factory holes in the
doors to accept 8" pioneer woofers and run them from the rear speaker
outputs with the FIE turned on. This way there is full range to the
kick panel speakers, Bass and low mid up to 400 cps to the door
speakers and 80 down to the sub behind the drivers seat powered by the
external amp. I actually believe 10" could have been fitted in the
doors and someday I may do this. Yes I do have power windows. There
is NO depth problem in the doors. The rear sidewall speakers are not
used because in competition they interfere with the front sound stage.
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC