Re:

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 11:51:36 EST

Why not yank the motor from the Ram and drop it in an older Dakota ?

You can find them sometimes pretty cheap cuz some places use them for
delivery vehicles and then they trash em . We had one in back of the cable
company where I work for about 5 years and they just did get rid of it (I
wanted it!) . It was an 87 .

At 10:32 AM 1/18/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>i have a blown/nitrous/488cu in/ram that weighs 6000lbs and have run out of
>performance options besides stripping it to knock the weight down. now
>looking for a 5.9L dakota or lightning, wondering about power/weight
>possibilities of dakota, anyone with forged pistons or crank on 5.9L to
>handle blown nitrous, the lightning has some good promise w/forged pistons,
>hd diesel tranny, factory blower with warrenty but is bigger and heavier?
>than the R/T. i'm sure there is a lot more available for the 5.9L motor, but
>a easy on/easy off dry nitrous system on a supercharged motor (in warrenty)
>might be too good to pass up.

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html