Re: Dakota Club Cab 4x4 ??s

From: Dkota4by4@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 08:53:54 EST

Phillip,
   I paid ~$24000 for my 97 4x4 CC with the 318. The truck has the SLT+
package with all the bells and whistles that were available. Granted, there
are some things that you really don't need i.e. the overhead computer,
AM/FM/CD/Cass, auto dimming rear view mirror, etc. However, over the past 2
years I have come to rely on the overhead computer. And, I could have saved
some money by putting in my own stereo system, but in the long run it was
worth it to me. The only thing that I do find totally useless is the factory
alarm. Save your money and get a good after market system.
    As far as must have's go...you can never go wrong with the limited slip
rear end. It is a must with the V8. Also, from what I have heard, go with
the 318 vice the V6. The MPG is not that different and there is a nice gain
in power and torque. In my opinion, don't get the dealer bed liner, save the
money and put it toward a nice spray in. If you are going with a 4x4, spend
the extra money and get the skid plates (I think they call it the protection
group). The 22 gal fuel tank makes those long trips a little easier to
handle.
     I have had my truck for 2 years now (seems like yesterday I brought her
home..snif snif) and I enjoy her more and more everyday. The above is just my
opinion and I am sure you will hear a ton of others, but the bottom line is
the Daks are great trucks and no matter what you decide, you can not go wrong.

Russ
97 CC 4x4 318 SLT+
Rhino Roll Top Power Bolt Python 3000 Blazer Horns
Mopar Perf headers Gibson dual catback 14x3 FABM