California Meet Epiloque

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 09:50:36 EST

Thank you to Shaun H. for putting this together. This was a weekend
getaway that Jaynya and I both very much needed.

Thanks to Bruce and Leo for some excellent shop talk. I want a ī70
Challenger even more now. And I will start working up a budget for a Stage
II (or III) TBI to go on a 5.9 Magnum for my Dakota.

Thanks to Sam and Sonya for the patience to wait for me for the drive
north. We got a late start, but we made pretty good time. There were LOTS
of CHiPs out there, but we proceeded north "under cover of darkness", at a
pretty fair clip. Sam on the CB saved me a ticket at the 101 merge, though.

I wish more early Dak owners had showed up. My 4x4 was the only chunky-body
Dak there. And I didnīt even get to show off at the dunes, since we opted
to get a hotel room (lots of No Vacancy signs due to the three day holiday).

For those who didnīt make it, this is definitely the time of year to visit
Hearstīs Castle. According to the tour, this is the time when WR Hearst
spent most of his time here. It gets too hot in the summer, and itīs
between rain showers. Perfect Mediterranean climate -- to go with all the
art heīd collected. And the crowds werenīt bad at all. We were able to get
right on the Bus. It was great having the big group, because we got a tidy
discount on the movie (thanks again Shaun).

All in all, a great trip. Thanks to all of you there!

Jim
ī93 4x4 CC V8
Dakota "TERRTRY"