West Coast Meet, Etc.

From: j.ham (j.ham@CWIX.com)
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 13:43:01 EST

DML,

    First and foremost: A HUGE THANK YOU to Shaun Hendricks for all his work
on putting this meet together. Due to scheduling conflicts my Dakota was in
the Sierra's with my wife and about 40 high schooler's for a snow trip. Yes
I did drive my LHS to a Dakota meet. Yes I did drive it on the Beach. Yes I
did have a lot of trepidation about having to be towed off the beach by one
of the Dakota's.
    I had a great day talking to the owners that showed up. I wish more had
been able to make it. There was only one second generation body style that
came, the rest were the new body style. V6 and V8 were about equal in
numbers (if you count my LHS I think the six's may have out numbered the
V8's). I was very pleased with the openness of everyone to discuss various
mods and the results (including a "ram air" tube made of 4"sewer pipe). I
actually think that useing sewer pipe in front of the TB is better than
under the rear bumper. I would like to see our friend with the cone filter
set up offer one for the 96 318's. We have the old style intake can so we'd
need that "hat" as well.
    I, personnally, had a great time and I would like to express a special
thanks to the wifes who came for supporting their husbands, and putting up
with the crazy things we do.

    To the Etc. portion. I want to apologize for "starting" the
Syclone/Buick thread. It was not my intent to get the list off on another
non-Dakota tangent.

    I still think a 2000 4 door Dakota R/T would be a slick ride.

JonH