Shock Questions

From: Jeff Durling (durling@ibm.net)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 00:15:16 EST

I just got my first rotation done on my new tires yesterday and I
noticed some chop when I was looking at the tread. I have been noticing
that the front end is starting to get mushy on my '96 but I guess I have
been in denial. The question is.....could anyone relate some experience
with some different shocks out there. My truck is a 2 wheel drive with
the 5.2 and I am looking for a better handling ride from the shocks in
the front without going to a real firm ride. I plan on changing out to a
heavier sway bar on the front and installing one in the rear shortly so
I am looking for something to compliment them somewhat. I don't want to
spend a whole lot of money on $50.00 shocks but would like a good
performing set. I have purchased Monroe GasMagnum LT's in the past and
thought they were good shock and have been looking at Gabriel Gas Ryder
LT's. Are these ok for what i'm doing or do I need something a little
more radical? BTW i'm going to be purchasing a set of late model r/t
wheels shortly since my buddy at the tire store insists that he needs 18
or 19 inchers on his. Never understand tire guys but i'm getting them,
including spare and tires for $500.00, and they only 5K on them.
Sometimes life is good!!!! HAHA

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport - 5.2 V8 - Auto - Flame Red - Pace Edwards Roll Top Cover -
FABM