Re: Another Ignition Wire Question

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 01:32:20 EST

At 12:35 AM 1/20/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I am planning on ordering a MSD universal wire set for my Dakota V6, since
>no one makes
>a good set for my truck. I plan on getting the Super Conductor Wires, which
>are 8.5MM.
>I just need to know what type of boot ends to get. I remember that I have a
>90degree angle boot going onto my dist.cap and a straight boot going into my
>plugs. I just need help on getting the correct ones, from what MSD lists in
>their catalog.

  Kyle,

  Save yourself a lot of hassle and order part number 32189, which is
a set of 8.5mm SuperConductor wires for a 318. If you're looking
for them by truck and engine at Summit or Jegs, they're listed under
Ram 318, not Dakota 318, but they work since they're the same engine...
You'll get 2 extra wires, but I would immagine you'd get extra wires with
the universal set anyway. The nice thing about ordering the pre-made
kit is that you don't have to worry about the quality of the crimps.
(or what kind of boot ends to get) :-)

  I did a write up of my install on the DML home page:

http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/www/dakota/upgrades/MSDWIRES/

  The 8.5mm wires will(barely) fit in the stock wire looms, but you
might want to think about getting an aftermarket loom. I bought an
$8 Mr. Gasket one that has worked fine so far.

TTYL!

                                               -Jon-