re: Blazer Horn

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 02:37:00 EST

Robert,
Don't remember what year your Dak is... on my '95 the horn relay is on the
fuse panel under the dash - just used the stock mopar relay, instead of
messing with the one in the Blazer kit. When I installed my Blazer Horns, I
mounted the compressor where the old horns had been (inside front grill,
drivers side). The horns I mounted to the underside of the battery tray.
This may sound odd, but it is a really good location.. Lots of room under
there, and a easy short run for the compressor -> horn tubing & it keeps the
horns pointed out towards the front. One of the things that P.O.'d me about
the original horn (besides it lame sound) is that Dodge had it set so that
the horns bell (opening) pointed towards the engine block! I also just used
the wires that were there. Just cut off the old connectors and crimped on
the quick connects. Hope this helps some & Good Luck!
(Heck, if you can do the TBI, the horns will be a breeze!)

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK
(hopefully installing my F&B TBI soon!)
-------------
Original Text
From ROTROTTM@SMTPGATE (Robert Trottmann) {rotrottmann@davidson.edu}, on
18/01/1999 4:49 PM:
To: DAKOTA-T@SMTPGATE {dakota-truck@buffnet.net}

HELP! I can handle the TB install, but the new blazer dual air horns I
just bought are tripping me up. For those that did get them, where is
the "common termial" that is between the horn and steering wheel? It
looks like a little box, but I followed the wire out of the horn until
it merged w/ the huge black snake of taped up wire, and couldn't see
where it left said snake, to connect w/ the box-like creation. Anyway,
if anyone knows what I'm talking about, please help.
Later,
Robert