Sluggish 2nd gear

From: David Nuce (sunrise@Bright.Net)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 12:50:33 EST

Regarding my new (200 miles) '99 Dakota, 3.9L w/5 speed manual (AX-15
transmission):

Has anyone else had a problem shifting (or downshifting) into 2nd gear,
especially when it's cold out. It just refuses to go into 2nd until the
rev's are almost at idle. Most of the time I have to shift from 1st to 3rd,
or just start out in 2nd. Forget downshifting, it ain't going to happen. It

seems to get better as the weather improves . . .

Any input would be helpful before I start complaining to the dealer.

Thanks-
David Nuce