Re: Weird Experience / Gremlins

From: Dave G (wknthdg@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 14:38:42 EST

I believe this was mentioned on the DOC forum a while ago. If while
cruising at a consistent highway speed, you tap the brake pedal (just
enough to light your brake lights) and your RPM's increase slightly,
this confirms you have a locking torque converter. This procedure
temporary unlocks it, hence the Rpm's increase a little. If I'm wrong,
someone let me know.