Re: Weird Experience / Gremlins

From: Bobby Nicks (bwnicks@ibm.net)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 16:34:50 EST

If you had the cruise control on then the switch for it needs to be adjusted.
If the switch is out of adjusted just a little bit, it will cause this.
Here's what happens.

When you tap the brakes, you aren't pushing the peddle down far enough to
trigger the cut-off switch for the cruise, so since the cruise sees that the
speed is dropping because you just tapped the brakes it gives the engine more
throttle. Now as you push on the brake peddle a little further you finally
trigger the cut-out switch and the cruise shuts off and the throttle closes.
Had this on my 95 Dakota when I first got it, was a simple job to adjust the
switch. Now my Impala has the same problem, guess I need to adjust the switch
on it.

Bob
95 Dakota V8
96 Impala SS