Re: Fw: Dodge Dakota Crash test results

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 23:44:22 EST

I took a look at this page for a while. Well, the pecimist I am I have
to point out the bad things. The Ranger scored better overall. Took a
look at the chevy S-10 and the GMC S-15 (supposed to be the same exact
truck, right?) almost completely different results. The need to be a
little more specific on the vehicles or it does no good to have this
info. One could have been a loaded ext. cab V6 4x4, and the other a base
model 4-banger w/ a reg. cab. Kinda hard to compare things when you
don't know what you are comparing. Thanks for the info though, I love to
have things to back up my theory: Don't believe statistics or tests of
any kind, even if they favor you. You can make results say whatever you
want them to say.

Erich

P.S. Whats w/ the advertising of the companies at the bottom of the
pages? That makes me believe it even less!