Re: More air into the engine compartment

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 12:21:34 EST

Dennis Pendleton wrote:

> Has anyone removed the rubber "curtain" in the grille area left of the radiator
> in front of the stock airbox intake? It seems it blocks air flow big time and I
> was considering replacing it with a fine mesh screen to let more air in and
> still keep the bugs out.
>
> BTW, there have been times when I wish I had one of those toilet seat things.
> You know, stuck in traffic and need to go real bad...

        Yeah, I just rolled it up , or over I should say, and zip tied it. It
is supposed to force more air through the radiator and keep dirt & junk
from getting in the engine compartment. The area exposed after the hood
is shut is enough to block most stuff. I find it supplies my K&N cone
setup with plenty of fresh air. Do it with the zip ties and it is
reversible. Cut it and ....Alan S.