Re: RE: mopar cam for magnum engines (more info)

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 14:31:45 EST

<<Man,

That is one soft cam... I can tell what else is gonna come out when I do the

intake manifold... Anybody out there have any experiences asking for

warranty work on their motors with a Mopar performance cam installed??

Bruce,

Yes. I had a friend with a '98 RC 318 5 spd truck... Used a grind very similar
(if not the same specs) to the Mopar Perf. camshaft. Also had the FIPK, MSD6A,
Crower 1.7s, R/T springs & retainers, & a Flowmaster exhaust.

Anyhow, the transmission went out... took the truck in with everything
installed, and they didn't say a thing. I suspect this was because the cam was
so mild you couldn't even detect a lope at idle ..

It did really improve the midrange grunt of the truck, though.. The cam alone
was worth 3-4 tenths.

ttyl
Patrick
surf.to/rdperformance