Re: brass cap & rotor(Eating dist.caps?!?!)

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 23:20:29 EST

<< My Accel has literaly been eating distributor caps. My brass one lasted a
 year, (and almost stranded me in Houston!), and I have been through 2 or 3
 aluminum ones since Oct. I swapped back to the stock coil until I can find
 a cheap brass cap in my area. We have a NAPA, Autozone, and a Parts
 AMerica, but when I go and ask about brass caps, they can never find any...

Ok.....this post has me worried......just when I am about to go to my local
speed shop tomorrow and order my Accel Coil!!! Do aftermarket coils really
tear up dist.caps this much????? Anyway to help prevent it?? I am currently
running Borg Warner Select brass cap and rotor(been on since July98) and I
really want this Accel Coil but do not want to go through all these
caps.....any input/suggestions????
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6