Re: Re: brass cap & rotor

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 00:25:00 EST

Kyle,

Do you happen to have the part #'s for the Borg-Warners ?
I started a thread here (probably 2-3 months ago about brass cap/rotors) and
have not been able to find any in my area (No. Virginia/Wash D.C.). I sent
an e-mail to an internet company (AutoMedicSupply) last night and received
the following reply back...

        " Hi Brian,
        Borg Warner only makes a Select version of their caps and rotors when
        they also make a "cheap" version - the P version. For your Dakota, they
only make
        an OE replacement - aluminum instead of the higher quality brass. I
*think*
        that Accel uses brass in their ignition parts; you might try those.
Good luck.

        Chris "

This really shouldn't be this hard to find! & is kinda pissing me off.
Actually it would be pissing me off, but I've been trying to keep my blood
pressure down!

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK
(hopefully installing my F&B TBI soon!)
-------------
Original Text
From HKUSP405@SMTPGATE {HKUSP40578@aol.com}, on 21/01/1999 4:36 PM:
To: DAKOTA-T@SMTPGATE {dakota-truck@buffnet.net}

<< We have a NAPA, Autozone, and a Parts
 AMerica, but when I go and ask about brass caps, they can never find any...

Every auto part place around here sells brass caps & rotors. I am running
Borg
Warner Select brass cap and rotor. Cost was $11 for both. Dont know why its
so
hard to find em around you.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6