Re: Re: brass cap & rotor(Chris)

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 00:35:29 EST

<< Do you happen to have the part #'s for the Borg-Warners ?
 I started a thread here (probably 2-3 months ago about brass cap/rotors) and
 have not been able to find any in my area (No. Virginia/Wash D.C.). I sent
 an e-mail to an internet company (AutoMedicSupply) last night and received
 the following reply back...

         " Hi Brian,
         Borg Warner only makes a Select version of their caps and rotors when
         they also make a "cheap" version - the P version. For your Dakota, they
 only make
         an OE replacement - aluminum instead of the higher quality brass. I
 *think*
         that Accel uses brass in their ignition parts; you might try those.
 Good luck.

         Chris "

 This really shouldn't be this hard to find! & is kinda pissing me off.
 Actually it would be pissing me off, but I've been trying to keep my blood
 pressure down!

Wow Chris that really sucks that no one carries them around you. Where are you
from anyways? I live in NW Indiana. This figures that you would ask for the
part#'s cause I just threw out the box that I had sitting in my garage from
the BW Select cap.......I tell ya what, if you want, let me know if you want
me to get a price for you on the cap or cap & rotor from the place I got mine
from and I could send em to ya. I am going to the auto store sometime tomorrow
anyways, so I could check. Let me know. Still in shock that you cant get em!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6