Re: lowering a dak

From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 13:47:29 EST

Robert Lange wrote:

> Does anybody know the cheapest and easiest way to do a 2" drop front and
> back on a 98 dakota.

Robert, I believe the cheapest would be front springs (about $150)
and rear blocks (about $30). However the springs may change your ride
and blocks unless steel can break. I used the Western Chassis Kit (2/4).
not easy and cost around $500. If your not gonna do a c-notch 4" in the
rear is a little too much. IMO 3" is best. (gary you were right) If you
only want 2" F+R I'd go with western chassis a-arms with your stock
springs and Western shackle hangers, or talk to Gary Pinkly on the list
about his rear sport leaf springs. Good luck Bob Nichols