Re: 63 Dart GT

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 18:04:24 EST

At 04:00 PM 1/22/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>I had lunch with a customer yesterday, he told me he has a 63 Dart GT
>with a slant 6 Hemi? Is there such a thing? He may need some parts
>anyone know of a source? He may also want to sell it anyone know what
>its worth? I haven't seen it. Bob Nichols

There is a a Hemi six. Not one that came stock in America to my knowledge.
 The Aussie's got them. I don't remember cubic inches, but with 3 Weber
sidedraft carbs, it made 302 hp!! It held the record as the fastest six
cylinder for a long time. It was a little faster than a 340 from my
uderstanding.

Even the normal slant sixes are cool. They have prodigious amounts of low
end torque. Not only that, but some German automotive engineers (I don't
know what corporation) once heralded it as the best automotive engine
design in the world! 63 Darts are nifty themselves..drop in a 413/426 Max
Wedge, instant low 12s! hehe...

I dunno about parts and such. Awhile ago I sent Jack (and the list) some
urls for slant six stuff.

Brian