RE: Turbos ? WAS opinion about ATI,Powerdyne,Vortech

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 18:19:17 EST

>There are still ways around the smog checks...however, Sacramento, CA
will
>be the first (if not already) to install the "Dyno" Smog Check
Machines.
>(Real-world tests....they put the engine/vehicle under a
load...retarding
>the timing won't help anymore.)
>
>(Yes...I am an "ex" BAR-90 Tech and still keep up with the
>rules/regulations.)

I'm not TOO worrried about the smog tests.. my truck was last tested
with a 140 ppm max allowable, 14 ppm average, and my truck put out 3
ppm... So I have room to grow :O

All smog stations in CA. have the dynos now... Just don't ask them to
give you HP/Torque figures :P

Sam