Re: RE: Keeping it covered..........

From: Glen Renzoni (glenzoni@totacc.com)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 00:26:11 EST

This may not be what you are looking for, but how about making an
adapter/riser for the valve covers? You could take a valve cover gasket to
a shop and have them use it as a template, and cut a piece out of 1/4 inch
aluminum (or however tall you need it). You would have to get longer bolts,
and use two gaskets per side, but this might be cheaper than having new
covers made (and still look stock).

----------
> From: Thomas Vacchino <tommyv@thecia.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: RE: Keeping it covered..........
> Date: Saturday, January 23, 1999 9:55 AM
>
> Anybody else know anything about getting custom Vavle covers made?
>
> "psychonaut"
>
> Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian wrote:
>
> > At 07:49 AM 1/22/1999 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> > I thought there were some places that could make you a totally custom
set
> > of valvecovers. I doon't know about the pricing or anything,
though....

> > Brian
> >
> > >Tom,
> > >I don't believe I've seen any either. If you cannot locate a set, the
only
> > >option I am aware of is to dimple the baffle on the stock covers to
give you
> > >the clearance you need.
> > >Rich - Ashburn, VA
> > >

> > >Does anybody know if there is a set of Vavle covers (other than stock)
for