Re: Jet chip

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 13:56:36 EST

BJones2292@aol.com wrote:

> I have been looking at jet performance catalogs for the past couple of days,
>
> there is stage 1 chip and a stage 2 chip listed for 318 v8 dak. Then there
> is a powertech control module .. what do i need or where can i get the right
> one.
>
> the place i went to yesterday said my truck doesn't use a chip it uses a
> module but then i have to take my brain box out of my truck send it away so
> they can reprogram it to work with the module and it would take about 2 to 3
> weeks i can't go that long with out my truck and they said it will cost 300.00
> $$ it seems a bit high i think..
>
> Help me out Dak lovers where can i go to get this and how much should it cost
> and what exactly do i need. IF my truck doesn't use a chip stage 1 or stage
> 2 then why is it listed as such.
>
> Brent jones
> 99 Dak 4x4, v8 318 dual exaust y-pipe with two glass packs, and an air
> raid intake. any many more so i won't bore you guys with the rest..

Please, wait and get a MOPAR computer. You didn't mention the YR model,
but I assume it's '95-'99. Don't mess with the aftermarket comps, they
don't work as well as MOPAR, at least in the past '95 back. If your Dak
is '97-'99 then go to www.mopatparts.net/partsrequest.htm and request a
comp for your truck. You would be helping us all while helping yourself!
Alan S.