RE: Stolen R/T(N. CA)

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sun Jan 24 1999 - 00:37:12 EST

A transponder system installed in your auto that is activated by a central
office. So your auto gets boosted, you call the police(to report it), and
when the VIN of your auto hits the Stolen Car database the LoJack office
sees it and they activate the unit which then sends out it's beacon signal
from the unit in your auto. A trolling police unit that has the LoJack
reciever setup (over glorified direction finder) can follow the baecon to
you auto. Now hopefully it's parked, if not most likely your auto is toast
because most of the time it turns into a chase. One time when I did EMS
work, a smart cop (unusual but) called us on the fire band and asked us to
follow a car, and radio its location so they can set up a roadblock and
block him in. Pretty cool take down. Better than watching COPS (which I was
missing).

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd