Re: DML:WAS FW: Superchips NOW LIST EDIQUETTE

From: Ican2u7176@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 09:57:57 EST

I replied to this post because... to post a THREE word post this person(and
others) copied over 1000+ WORDS! This is very wastefull...of the rest of the
lists time and money (bandwidth). I have copied a memo I had sent to another
lister on the proper way (from what I know so far...others are welcome to add)
to copy and paste a reply to message one is interested in...I hope this helps
to clean up this list. Feel free to comment, this is not to intended to single
out or to irritate, but to clean up the list and save EVERYBODIES time. SEE
BELOWl:

To copy and paste from the list...if you have windows 95/98...you need to
"select" the part of the message you want to reply to. It looks like you
right click and then choose "select all"...that is WRONG . you must left click
on the begining of the message and while keeping the left button pressed drag
your mouse all the way though the entire sentence or paragraph you want to
reply to. Do this slowly as a fast jerk may select more than you want. Then
release the left button when you have your selection highlighted (it will be
all blue) then right click once and choose copy. This will copy all of the
highlighted info into the computers memory. Then once you want to
reply...open a new mail letter form and right click once and choose paste.
Walla! Now you have learned how to copy and paste (not cut and paste) This
save all of our time, cleans up the list and saves the lists money by cutting
down the bandwidth used. I also have put below some list "etiquette" I copied
from another list that pertains to this list:

        NOTE: The SMTP "Reply to:" field is set to the list address. If you
intend to reply to an individual about their post, please make sure that you
send to them, and not to the list distribution. Anything sent to the list
distribution address will be sent to _everyone_. Please use discretion.
IF YOU DON'T WANT OR NEED *EVERYONE* TO SEE IT, DON'T SEND IT TO THE LIST
DISTRIBUTION ADDRESS!
        Please insure that any postings are sent as plain text, and do
not include MIME attachments, 'uuencoded' text, or any non-text sections.
All postings should be made as plain ASCII text. If you are using Windows
95 mail tools or web browsers to send mail, pay particular attention to
your settings. Turn off anything that will send your post as an 'RTF'
format document. Posts not conforming to this requirement may be rejected
automatically or held pending moderator approval.

OK well good luck and happy truckin' Charles Smith