Orion Amp for Sale (kinda long)

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 13:22:02 EST

With all the talk about amps and stereos, I went out to the garage and
looked at what I have. I almost everything I had in the way of stereo
equipt. in my last truck (83 rice burning, slammed Toyota long bed). But, I
had intentions of upgrading the bass in my Dak after I bought it. So, I kept
my Orion 220GT amp and an MTX 10" Blue Thunder in a band pass box. Since I
bought the Dak with the Infinity system, I am more than happy with the way
it sounds. Yes it could use a little more in the lower frequencies, but I'm
not going to give up the storage under my rear seat, and I don't feel like
dropping several hundred $'s for the stealth box that goes between the front
seats. At least not right now. What all this means is that I've decided to
sell the two items listed above. The Orion 220GT amp and the MTX 10" Blue
Thunder driver. If you want the box, I'll toss it in for free, but it will
cost a couple bucks more to ship it. It is not a really high quality box, as
I picked it up at Best Buy in desperation for something to mount the 10
into. But, it has a nice Plexiglas window in it and it does sound pretty
good. Has a nice solid hit and it tuned for bottom end instead of mid like
so many small band pass boxes. For those that are interested, the Orion
220GT is a 2 channel, 20 watt RMS per channel amp, that is 2 ohm stable and
will put out 40 watts RMS when bridged. This does not sound like much, but
it is VERY clean power. At one time I had this thing wired up in 3 channel
mode driving 2- 4" mids, 2- 5.25" mids, and a single 6 1/2" mid bass in a
small center channel box. Yes it got warm, but it never clipped and never
shut down. It would do best driving a pair of mids, or a single small bass
driver, but you can pretty much wire it up for what ever you want. I have no
idea what the amp is worth as it is a few years old and I do not follow car
stereo's anymore. The leads on it are a little short, but they are useable
and you can still get wiring instructions for Orion's phone help line. So,
make me a reasonable offer and who ever is highest, it is yours. The speaker
I would like $30.00 plus shipping.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar Headers, DDBC